Dream Cast from Artemis Fowl Confidential

17th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards - ArrivalsThe Artemis Fowl fan community has been spit-balling ideas, without the same solidifying luminescent effect of dwarf spit, of their dream cast for an Artemis Fowl movie throughout the past decade.

There is an excellent variety of suggestions to be found in discussions on the Forums, and it is fun to see how casting ideas have evolved over the years. Here we have compiled a list of the popular choices, as well as some of the more recent suggestions.

Asa Butterfield has nearly become synonymous for Artemis Fowl II in the eyes of the community. We think he could pull of the criminal mastermind with ease.

Jason StathamIn regard to Butler, the formidable warrior scarred from a thousand battles, Jason Statham has long been a favorite. Other popular suggestions have been Vin Diesel, and Daniel Craig.

For Holly Short, the feisty LEPrecon Captain, Being Human’s Kate Bracken has caught the eye of fans with her pixie hair style. Another recent recommendation has been Scarlett Johansson after her recent action-packed role in Marvel’s The Avengers.

An actor that keeps reoccurring as an ideal for Julius Root is Robert DeNiro, who is currently attached to executive produce the Artemis Fowl movie that’s in the works.
Perhaps he wouldn’t mind picking up a tribarreled blaster to portray our favorite LEPrecon Commander?

Here are a few more of the dream cast recommendations gathered from the Artemis Fowl Confidential Forums community:

We’d like to hear your thoughts on who you’d like to see cast in the Artemis Fowl movie! Please feel free to comment and discuss below.

51 Responses to Dream Cast from Artemis Fowl Confidential

1. AN4PHOENIX says:

I would love to be a Opal Koboi in this series, but it’s already taken.

• micaela says:

I hope they make the movie good I don’t want this movie to end up bad like the hunger games where it shows the some parts but not why or change parts that are not in the book if they do this is going to be just like alex rider movie and I hope to god it isn’t I want it to be just like the book that’s all I ask for.

2. AN4PHOENIX says:

But I love who got the part so yay!

3. Gabe Howard says:

I have read the whole artemis fowl series and i think the Jason statham would suit butler perfectly and when would the movie come out anyway because i have been anticipating the day for a long time now. Thanks

4. Emily Robinson says:

I hope they cast it really well. I also hope they don’t omit too many scenes. That would be sad.

• Brendan says:

I definitely agree with you, if they omitted too many scenes it wouldn’t be the same…like the Ender’s Game movie.

5. artyfan1 says:

Forget writers strikes or script or money issues. This movie has not been made until now because Asa Butterfield was not old enough to play Artemis. End of story.

6. Holly says:

Ok,I agree with-

Asa Butterfeild
    Jason Statham
    Helena Botham Carter

I suppose I wouldn’t be too upset if Scarlett Jonahson was Holly, But I prefare the idea of Emma Watson playing her.

As for Foaly, the only person I can think of is my dad. *shrugs*

I have no idea about anyone else, but I pretty much have everyone sorted out if it were unknowns.

7. ana says:

I love it
    I wait for to see it
    tanks

8. Quinn says:

I agree with Asa Butterfield for Arty, Kate Bracken for Holly, Jason Statham for Butler, and also the actors for Foaly and Trouble Kelp. However, I think for Julius we need Nathaniel Parker!! You know, the guy who did the Artemis Fowl audiobooks?

9. Quinn says:

Thank you. *bows* I wonder if anybody will think of him. XD

10. I’m no fan on Robert Deniro for commander Root. I think maybe … well I can’t think of some one real but I can give you a descriction like Fat Tony. :()

11. Phoebe says:

I totally agree with Asa being Artemis. I think Kate Bracken has the looks of Holly too, but isn’t she a little too…I dunno, old? And why would Helena Bonham Carter be Opal? Wasn’t Opal described to be petite, as she is a pixie, slender and young-looking? Oh, and I think Chloe Moretz would be a fantastic Juliet! :) oh, and for Foaly, Hands down for James Mcavoy. :)

Puh-leaaseee make the movie happen! I’ve been wishing for this to happen ever since I’ve read the first book!

12. Phoebe says:

I totally agree with Asa being Artemis. He’s just perfect, no arguments needed. I think Kate Bracken has the looks of Holly too, but isn’t she a little too…I dunno, old? And why would Helena Bonham Carter be Opal? Wasn’t Opal described to be petite, as she is a pixie, slender and young-looking? Oh, and I think Chloe Moretz would be a fantastic Juliet! :) oh, and for Foaly, Hands down for James Mcavoy. :)

13. Phoebe says:

Plus, it’s going to be a Disney movie, so it’d be absolutely fantastic!

14. Brendan says:

I definitely like everyone they suggested, except for Holly,Emma Watson would be a lot better.

15. Meara says:

I wouldn’t cry to see Jason Statham as Butler, but I don’t know if he’s physically imposing enough. I’ve recently started to think Jason Momoa would be an interesting and well suited choice.

Richard Armitage is a great idea for Trouble, couldn’t have picked better myself.

I have to say I am so against Helena Bonham Carter as Opal. Not because she wouldn’t do well, but because it’s the exact same role she’s been playing for years.

16. Jess says:

Am I the only one who doesn’t think Asa is quite right to play Artemis? Because I think they need an actor who has a harder, more stern look as such and I just reckon that Asa’s is too soft. And despite his good acting I don’t think he’d ever really do Artemis for me. :/

• Kylie says:

Personally, I had always thought that Asa Butterfield or Hero Fiennes-Tiffin (From Harry Potter, the future Dark Lord) would be perfect for the role. Asa does look a little soft, but Hero can give off a criminal mastermind vibe with ease. But, that’s just me.

• Brendan says:

i totally agree with you. Asa just wouldn’t be good.Frank Dillane or Hero Fiennes-Tiffin would be much better.

• GiGi says:

Have you seen Ender’s Game lately?

17. Brendan says:

I agree with: Vin Diesel,Robert DeNiro,James McAvoy,Richard Armitage,Helena Bonham Carter, and Timothy Spall. I think Frank Dillane or Hero-Fiennes Tiffin would be better for Artemis.

18. Opal koboi says:

It has been my dream as a young aspiring actress, to play Opal Koboi. I loved her almost obnoxious amount of genius ego since I first read the books. I read and loved all of the books and, although slightly disappointed that that dream will not come true, I think that Helena Bonham Carter is a good choice

19. Rosie says:

Yassss!!! Asa!! Do Asa!!!

20. Mr.Steampunk says:

EVERYONE!!!
    let us think, we must have a quick speaking,tech “genius”(moron) for foaly.

Like Stephen Merchant.

just look at how well he was as being Wheatley form portals 2

21. Megha says:

Asa Butterfield is okay.I prefer Jason for butler and Kate for Holly.

22. Bethany says:

helena bonham carter as opal kobai nononononononono

• pyra says:

I agree so far too many Harry potter actors have been included.It’s a whole new series, can’t they find an actor we all haven’t seen a billion times? I mean I love Harry potter but none of the actors seem to fit. Except perhaps a similar version of griphook as mulch but made to fit his character, mAybe with a Hagrid beard LOL

• tatiana says:

Maybe for mulch we could use one of the dwarves from the hobbit. I personally think that the silver haired dwarf would be perfect, if he had Brown hair. And I agree with Pyra, too many seen actors could ruin a movie. Try some new actors for people.like commander root. Although, Firenze from Harry potter would make an excellent folly, and the actress for Holly Short in the trailer was AMAZING I can’t picture her any other way now!!! :) We should use actors that not many people have seen. Oh and Vin Diesel would make a PERFECT Butler!!!! Although I don’t know who make an awesome Juliet. I am thinking a genuine good hearted rebel. Perhaps someone from Radio Rebel? I don’t know.

23. The Socio says:

I think Vin Diesel would be a better Butler!

24. shadow says:

i agree Asa would be perfect for Artemis, but i also think Tom Hardy (Bronson, 2008) would be good for Butler o.O

25. Joshua Boshell says:

Artemis Fowl Dream Cast:

ARTEMIS FOWL II – Asa Butterfield or Hero Fiennes-Tiffin

BUTLER – Robert Maillet

JULIET – Emma Watson

HOLLY – Kate Bracken

JULIUS ROOT – Robert DeNiro

FOALY – James McAvoy

MULCH DIGGUMS – Lee Arenberg

OPAL KOBOI – Mila Kunis

MINERVA PARADIZO – Chloe Moretz

ARTEMIS FOWL, SR. – Robert Downey, Jr.

26. Person says:

Nooo Asa cannot be Artemis!!
    And isn’t Holly supposed to be “chestnut brown”?
    Everyone else is fine, just Artemis CANNOT be played by Asa!

27. pyra says:

Frank dillane, the supposedly future Artemis Fowl, also played the hated villain of Lord voldemort in Dumbledores memory from Harry potter and the half blood Prince. Not cool!!!!! It is portraying Artemis Fowl, in my opinion, to be forever lonely, feared, evil, and hated. :(

28. pyra says:

I’ve just watched the trailers and it is a rip off of Harry potter! I love both series, but Artemis fowl should.not be portrayed as Tom riddle in my opinion, too many people hated him! The Holly Short matches the books character perfectly! And the trolls in the book have hair and the troll from the trailer was a scene taken from Harry potter and the sorcerers stone! Actually a lot of the trailers clips have been taken from Harry potter!

29. pyra says:

Who ever was holly in the second.trailer seems perfect! I.honestly don’t think Emma.Watson could pull it off. Probably because of her portrayal in Harry potter, I mean I loved Hermione, but I don’t think we should use any people from Harry Potter.

30. tatiana says:

No no no!!!! We can’t have Mulch (a good/bad guy) being played by PETER PETTIGREW!!! Also Belatrix Lestrange as Opal? Not right! But I do agree with the rest except for Johanasson as holly short

31. tatiana says:

My only two thoughts f o r Holly Short are whoever was in the trailer or Kate BECKETT

32. tatiana says:

OMG! Juliet=Anna Kendrik

33. someone says:

Him for butler?! He’s way too small and fragile in comparrison te real butler. The artimis fowl book has made me car to many times. I’d love to play Artimis Fowl.

34. Mis Arte says:

Hey everyone of the infinite void of Artemis Fowl. I am absolutely thrilled about the movie (which is taking a lot longer then I’d hoped) I would love to try for one of the roles (but my accent might not suit as it is Australian) I have followed the story since my brother gave it to me (actually that’s a lie, I declined the book the first few times, then randomly picked it up one day) and have been hooked onto it ever since. I personally think you shouldn’t give the parts to actors and actresses. If you do open auditions you will probably get better actors and actresses and then the ones you already have (I’m just saying, give people a chance) it’s been a while since anyone’s been on here. Read this if you have the time publishers of this website.
    Yours,
    Mis Arte
    PS did you see what I did there?
    PPS I seem to have over used brackets (again)
    PPPS I really do love Artemis fowl, it’s fantastic.

35. Natalie says:

I believe Asa Butterfield would play the perfect Artemis. Looking at his role in Ender’s Game, its obvious that he can play a genius with ease and his part in Merlin as Mordred proves he also can play a darker character. As for Holly I think Julia Stiles would be good.

36. Anonymous says:

Artemis Fowl ||-Nolan Gould
    Artemis Fowl Sr.-Colin Farrell
    Domovoi Butler-Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson
    Juliet Butler-Ronda Rousey
    Holly Short-Milla Jovovich
    Julius Root-Joe Pesci
    Mulch Diggums-Peter Dinklage
    Foaly-Ryan Reynolds
    Opal Koboi-January Jones

37. CaptainS10 says:

I think Asa Butterfield looks like Arty. He might be able to pull him off in the acting area. Vin Diesel is definitely my ideal Butler. I don’t really agree with any of the Holly people – none of them really are how I pictured Holly spot on like Vin Diesel and Asa Butterfield. Robert De Niro as Root I agree with though.