Dream Cast from Artemis Fowl Confidential

17th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards - ArrivalsThe Artemis Fowl fan community has been spit-balling ideas, without the same solidifying luminescent effect of dwarf spit, of their dream cast for an Artemis Fowl movie throughout the past decade.

There is an excellent variety of suggestions to be found in discussions on the Forums, and it is fun to see how casting ideas have evolved over the years. Here we have compiled a list of the popular choices, as well as some of the more recent suggestions.

Asa Butterfield has nearly become synonymous for Artemis Fowl II in the eyes of the community. We think he could pull of the criminal mastermind with ease.

Jason StathamIn regard to Butler, the formidable warrior scarred from a thousand battles, Jason Statham has long been a favorite. Other popular suggestions have been Vin Diesel, and Daniel Craig.

For Holly Short, the feisty LEPrecon Captain, Being Human’s Kate Bracken has caught the eye of fans with her pixie hair style. Another recent recommendation has been Scarlett Johansson after her recent action-packed role in Marvel’s The Avengers.

An actor that keeps reoccurring as an ideal for Julius Root is Robert DeNiro, who is currently attached to executive produce the Artemis Fowl movie that’s in the works.
Perhaps he wouldn’t mind picking up a tribarreled blaster to portray our favorite LEPrecon Commander?

Here are a few more of the dream cast recommendations gathered from the Artemis Fowl Confidential Forums community:

We’d like to hear your thoughts on who you’d like to see cast in the Artemis Fowl movie! Please feel free to comment and discuss below.

27 Responses to Dream Cast from Artemis Fowl Confidential

1. AN4PHOENIX says:

I would love to be a Opal Koboi in this series, but it’s already taken.

2. AN4PHOENIX says:

But I love who got the part so yay!

3. Gabe Howard says:

I have read the whole artemis fowl series and i think the Jason statham would suit butler perfectly and when would the movie come out anyway because i have been anticipating the day for a long time now. Thanks

4. Emily Robinson says:

I hope they cast it really well. I also hope they don’t omit too many scenes. That would be sad.

• Brendan says:

I definitely agree with you, if they omitted too many scenes it wouldn’t be the same…like the Ender’s Game movie.

5. artyfan1 says:

Forget writers strikes or script or money issues. This movie has not been made until now because Asa Butterfield was not old enough to play Artemis. End of story.

• Samantha Samantha says:

I love this, just perfect! :D

• Emmy says:

this is one of the most true statements I have ever read on the internet. People are saying it would be a type cast but ASA IS ARTEMIS like if they don’t cast him I might not even watch the movie. Well I mean I probably would but it will probably disappoint me like Eragon did.

6. Holly says:

Ok,I agree with-

Asa Butterfeild
    Jason Statham
    Helena Botham Carter

I suppose I wouldn’t be too upset if Scarlett Jonahson was Holly, But I prefare the idea of Emma Watson playing her.

As for Foaly, the only person I can think of is my dad. *shrugs*

I have no idea about anyone else, but I pretty much have everyone sorted out if it were unknowns.

7. ana says:

I love it
    I wait for to see it
    tanks

8. Quinn says:

I agree with Asa Butterfield for Arty, Kate Bracken for Holly, Jason Statham for Butler, and also the actors for Foaly and Trouble Kelp. However, I think for Julius we need Nathaniel Parker!! You know, the guy who did the Artemis Fowl audiobooks?

9. Quinn says:

Thank you. *bows* I wonder if anybody will think of him. XD

10. I’m no fan on Robert Deniro for commander Root. I think maybe … well I can’t think of some one real but I can give you a descriction like Fat Tony. :( )

11. Phoebe says:

I totally agree with Asa being Artemis. He’s just perfect, no arguments needed. I think Kate Bracken has the looks of Holly too, but isn’t she a little too…I dunno, old? And why would Helena Bonham Carter be Opal? Wasn’t Opal described to be petite, as she is a pixie, slender and young-looking? Oh, and I think Chloe Moretz would be a fantastic Juliet! :) oh, and for Foaly, Hands down for James Mcavoy. :)

Puh-leaaseee make the movie happen! I’ve been wishing for this to happen ever since I’ve read the first book!

12. Phoebe says:

Plus, it’s going to be a Disney movie, so it’d be absolutely fantastic!

13. Meara says:

I wouldn’t cry to see Jason Statham as Butler, but I don’t know if he’s physically imposing enough. I’ve recently started to think Jason Momoa would be an interesting and well suited choice.

Richard Armitage is a great idea for Trouble, couldn’t have picked better myself.

I have to say I am so against Helena Bonham Carter as Opal. Not because she wouldn’t do well, but because it’s the exact same role she’s been playing for years.

14. Jess says:

Am I the only one who doesn’t think Asa is quite right to play Artemis? Because I think they need an actor who has a harder, more stern look as such and I just reckon that Asa’s is too soft. And despite his good acting I don’t think he’d ever really do Artemis for me. :/

• Brendan says:

i totally agree with you. Asa just wouldn’t be good.Frank Dillane or Hero Fiennes-Tiffin would be much better.

15. Brendan says:

I agree with: Vin Diesel,Robert DeNiro,James McAvoy,Richard Armitage,Helena Bonham Carter, and Timothy Spall. I think Frank Dillane or Hero-Fiennes Tiffin would be better for Artemis.

16. Opal koboi says:

It has been my dream as a young aspiring actress, to play Opal Koboi. I loved her almost obnoxious amount of genius ego since I first read the books. I read and loved all of the books and, although slightly disappointed that that dream will not come true, I think that Helena Bonham Carter is a good choice

17. Rosie says:

Yassss!!! Asa!! Do Asa!!!

18. Mr.Steampunk says:

EVERYONE!!!
    let us think, we must have a quick speaking,tech “genius”(moron) for foaly.

Like Stephen Merchant.

just look at how well he was as being Wheatley form portals 2

19. Megha says:

Asa Butterfield is okay.I prefer Jason for butler and Kate for Holly.

20. Bethany says:

helena bonham carter as opal kobai nononononononono

21. The Socio says:

I think Vin Diesel would be a better Butler!